|Institut für Palästinakunde|
- IPK -
In seiner neueste Rundmail gibt der palästinensische Bürgerrechtsaktivisten Mazin Qumsiyeh, Professor an der Bethlehem und der Bir Zeit Universität, der auch Referent bei der Stuttgarter Palästinakonferenz war, einige Hinweise, was Sie zum Jahresende hin tun könnten/sollten.
Empfehlung für Aktivitäten zum Jahresende
1) Join and/or publicize events in Palestine this coming week and beyond: Shepherds Nights Festival 23-25 December, and the Program for International Activists in the West Bank from 22-27 December 2010
2) Donate to worthy organizations that do great work on the ground in Palestine.
Two suggested organizations that I believe in (among many):
- Al-Rowwad Cultural and Theater Society in Aida Refugee Camp or click here
- Palestinian Center for Rapprochement Between People and its International Middle East Media Center.
Both have tax deductible vehicles in Europe and North America, email me or the directors if you want details. But also email me to let me know you donated. We really appreciate it.
3) Get a 2011 calendar from Badil
4) There are 50 other ways to act for peace with justice
O Little Town of Bethlehem: Alice Bach: "This Christmas, I will hold the people of Bethlehem in my heart. I will also urge my political representatives to speak out for Palestinian freedom from Israeli occupation."
Brief on situation in Bethlehem this Christmas
Human Rights Watch detailed report on Israeli apartheid in the occupied area was just released
Flash Mob action in St Louis for the Boycott Moto Campaign.
TIAA-CREF Divestment action
Master's thesis on Jewish white privilege and Israel is attacked in Canadian legislature.
Read the unprecedented valuable thesis here:
Mazin Qumsiyeh, PhD
A Bedouin in Cyberspace, a villager at home
Professor, Bethlehem and Birzeit Universities
Chairman of the Board, Palestinian Center for Rapprochement Between People,